Snowboarding is touted to be one of the most fun and exhilarating alpine sports you can ever do. There’s something about the adrenaline rush and freedom of sliding on fresh, powdery snow that makes this sport so addicting. As your skill level increases, you’ll begin to crave the feel of your snowboard. You’ll also begin carrying more gear as you spend more time on the mountain.
If you’re going somewhere far, you need to consider checking out backpacks for snowboarding because carrying one can also be your connection to survival. Your backpack can carry your food, hydration pack, extra clothes, and more. Take the time to check out the following reviews on the top 5 backpacks for snowboarding.
#1: Burton Day Hiker Backpack
This 25 Liter Burton Day product has amazing reviews on Amazon, so it is a great backpack to take when you whip out your snowboard for a spin. It is 100% polyester, making it durable and lightweight. This backpack has a low profile design that’s been crafted for a sleeker and more sophisticated look that can easily blend with daily use.
It has a secure two-strap board carry system, comfy ergonomic shoulder straps, and double water bottle pockets, making this bag a great one for the outdoors. This Burton Day bag even comes with a laptop sleeve, so making a very versatile bag that can go from the great outdoors to your work.
That being said, this backpack is not fully waterproof, but it does offer some bit of protection from light water, rain, and snow.
- Comes with adjustable shoulder and sternum straps for easy carrying
- Can blend easily with street style fashion
- Super-versatile as it comes with a laptop sleeve
- This product is not completely waterproof so seepage may be an issue
- Strap Drop: 190450619843 inches; Pockets: 2 slip, 5 exterior
#2: Teton Hydration Backpack
This Oasis1100 by TETON Sports is more than just a backpack. This 18-liter day pack is crafted with its own built-in 2liter hydration bladder. It fits comfortably due to its low-profile design. The chest, waist, and shoulder bands are all adjustable. The chest straps have built-in shock absorbers, so you won’t feel any kind of bounce.
The best part about this pack is that leak-proof hydration system that’s completely lightweight and durable. It has a kink-free sip tube and a high-tech push-lock bite valve. The 2-inch opening means you can put ice inside if you want a cold drink, plus it makes cleaning easy.
This backpack is also built to handle your things with ease. The large main pocket can easily handle all your clothes and snacks. There’s also a limited lifetime warranty for coverage against defects in workmanship.
- Outfitted with so many compression straps so you can tighten for a great fit and reduced bounce
- Comes with an integrated sew-in rain cover for maximum protection for your pack and your stuff
- Comes with an air mesh back panel to ensure airflow around your back as you explore the great outdoors
- Poor zipper quality that can catch easily
- The mouthpiece doesn’t let out water as much and as fast as the other brands
- SATISFY YOUR THIRST FOR ADVENTURE: Lightweight and...
- FREE HYDRATION BLADDER: 2-Liter; Durable, kink-free sip tube...
- CUSTOMIZABLE COMFORT: Backpack for men, women, and youth;...
- TRUSTED QUALITY: Over 1,000 verified 5-star reviews...
- TETON SPORTS PROMISE: Reach out to our AMAZING product...
#3: The North Face Recon Backpack
Who doesn’t know this prestigious brand? If you get this backpack, you’ll be buying a reputable brand with years of history. The North Face is known for making backpacks that are durable and with ample space to handle all your needs. This is made out of a combo of nylon and polyester, making it a truly lightweight bag.
This comes with a large main compartment, which is outfitted with a padded laptop sleeve. It also comes with a hydration clip. There is a large front mesh pocket for the things you want to access easily.
This pack comes with FlexVent injection-molded shoulder straps with added PE foam to ensure maximum comfort. Furthermore, this comes with compression on the bottom panel, as well as padded air mesh, spine channel, and PE sheet for total back support and comfort.
- Versatile water-resistant backpack to protect your things
- Built ergonomically to make it easier for you to carry all your stuff
- Can accommodate so many things with a 29L capacity
- Some have complained that this is a stiff backpack that doesn’t contour to the back
- The bottle holders are too small to handle even the standard size
- The Recon by The North Face has the durability and space for...
- Large main compartment with padded laptop sleeve and...
- FlexVent injection-molded shoulder straps with additional PE...
- Large front mesh pocket for convenient storage.
- Comfortable, padded airmesh back panel with Spine Channel...
#4: Burton Prospect Pack
This versatile 21 liter Burton Prospect Backpack has a low profile. It also comes with several pockets to keep you organized. There’s a padded laptop compartment, internal storage pockets, a tablet sleeve, and external accessory pockets. On top of that, there are two mesh pockets for your water bottles on the side.
This comes with an ergonomic shoulder harness with an adjustable sternum strap, so you can carry it with ease. Burton has been around for more than four decades, so they know what the community needs and have come out with products that you can trust. This is crafted from polyester fabric.
- Outfitted with so many pockets for instant organization
- Comes with a padded laptop sleeve and a tablet sleeve to keep your gadgets organized
- Versatile enough to go from outdoors to city use as it blends well with normal streetwear
- This pack provide no water-resistance which has left many disappointed
- Faded Diamond Ripstop Colorway: bluesign Approved 300D...
- Forest Night Waxed Canvas Colorway: 12oz Waxed Cotton Canvas
- Fired Brick Triple Rip Cordura Colorway: 305D Polyester...
- Harvest Gold Colorway: Polyester Twill with PU Backing /...
- True Black Mini Rip Colorway: bluesign Approved 75D x 150D...
#5: The North Face Women’s Jester Backpack
This versatile backpack with more than ten designs is geared for women. It can fit a volume of 26 liters, which is fairly massive compared to the other brands out there. This Jester backpack is made from polyester fabric, which makes it a lot more durable.
Moreover, this backpack comes with so many features. It has a front accessory pocket so you can get what you normally use with ease. This backpack also comes with an integrated key clip, so you won’t your keys. A bungee system is included to hold your items, too.
Since hydration is important, this comes with two side mesh storage pockets for your water bottles. In addition to that are LED light loops so you can ensure that you have access to light when you need it. There is a removable hip belt to give you more support.
- Comes with many adjustable straps to mold to your body and ensure a snug, relaxed fit
- It comes with a padded laptop sleeve
- The organizational panel for smaller items is a nifty design so they won’t get lost in the bag cavity
- It is a bit pricey compared to the other bags in the market
- The updated FlexVent suspension system features a flexible...
- Women-specific shoulder straps are flexible so they contour...
- Large main compartment for books and binders, front...
- Updated front elastic bungee system for external storage,...
- Volume 28L, Avg Weight: 1 lb 12.9 oz, Dimensions: 19.25" x...
As you can see, there are many backpacks out there that you can use when you go snowboarding. As with anything, it is critical to do your research before buying a bag. With a high-risk sport in the great outdoors like snowboarding, it is crucial to buy a bag that can accommodate a lot of your needs.
Moreover, it is vital to buy a backpack that conforms with your body for maximum protection. Ergonomic and adjustable straps are the most ideal to have for maximum comfort. Don’t discount pack panels either, as they offer support. It is also significant to have an air mesh in the back part of the bag to allow airflow.
With so many products out there, you are spoiled for choice, so you can certainly find something out there to fit your needs and budget requirements. Now that you have an idea of what snowboarding backpack to get, you can plan your next adventure to experience yet another thrilling escapade.